Some of you may have seen my requests on Facebook and the forums there for help gathering data, and thanks to those have responded.
As many who lurk here, I have gotten fairly addicted to DD:TA, and have been an active user of the tools here and the Wiki.
As some have noticed, a few of the tools/data are somewhat out of date, and also have some gaps that can/should be filled.
So, I’ve been working on a pretty major overhaul that brings together from the ESSENTIALS thread:
- 4. D&D Tiny Adventures Final Encounter Calculator and Full Adventure Overview;
- . The Gregory Reelitz data; and
- XX. The “Statistical Analysis” thread.
What I have come up with is a fairly detailed (I think) decision engine for DD:TA, its features include:
- - Enhanced version of the “Final Encounter Calculator”:
- x More classes
- x Corrected data
- x Equipment/Inventory management (and calculation)
- x Easy use of friend buffs
- x Easy “decision” engine for all story/final encounters (color coded)
- x Decision engine for top-2 random encounters for each adventure [More data needed to make this better]
- x Special callouts for “Shiv” encounters
- - For helping to evaluate the best Characters & inherited equipment, a data comparison between the original data mentioned in the “Statistical Analysis” thread, that is enhanced:
- x To reflect “actual data” from several sources
- x To account for the major impact of Keywords
- - Even with limited actual data, the early analysis has shown some fairly major conclusions:
- x Rare encounters are truly rare (only about 2% of the encounters)
- x Keyword encounters are fairly common (25% or so of random encounters)
- x Magic and Traps Keywords are particularly powerful (as they occur almost as often as some stat checks and a +1 bonus to a keyword is worth +2 to a stat)
WHAT I NEED IS FIVE (5) or so BETA TESTERS who are good with Excel to kick the tires on the sheet and help make final tweaks. The only thing I ask is that the beta testers provide encounter character data for 1-2 characters (to caputre the basic data for each adventure takes about 2-3 mins.) If you are interested, please drop me a note on Facebook (to Anders Petersen) or firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- - Your email
- - What generation your character is at
- - How often you play
Thanks in advance
(Erik) Anders Petersen